Saturday, May 26, 2007

Coy Leopards and Sad Lions looking for something

Well I been painting my little bottom off. But paintings are at a state of near incompletion. I've also drawn some leopards, lions and such, foraging for a way through this imagery towards some finished expression.





I like clouded leopards.

clouded leopard in profile

Here are some coy ones.





sitting little clouded leopard





Poor Shawn is hilariously concussed!





Some people miss the subtlety and pathos in wrestling.





I've been studying lion statues from various cultures. There are some doozies on Flickr.

sad lion statue





Also been looking at Edwardian postcards with photographs of children quite a lot. Always liked these. Always felt there was something to be done with them, or found in them.

edwardian child dog

Then there was this stocky chubby little personification of the praying lion theme...





And this perhaps slightly less obscure version of last week's spasmodic scribbletasms:





Oh yes, and I now have an ogre on ebay:





That's all.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hear Mark Kermode's rant about Pirates of Carribean 3? It was very very very funny and he insisted on calling Orlando Bloom Orloondo Bland, which is my tenuous link to your blog in the shape of the fallen ogre.
P.S. I love the leopards

Chloe Cumming said...

I did hear it! It was lots of fun. It turns out old Knightley dishhead makes a rubbish pirate.

Poor old Orlando. He has a quite nice face but lacks a certain presence. Still he worked as legolas, elves being all ethereal and only partially present and that. He could peer over rocks and do a melifluous easnest voice.

Thank you, I think I want to get a leopard.

Chloe Cumming said...

I meant earnest, of course.

That was probably bad karma for calling Knightley's head a dish.

Thomas Fluharty said...

HI Chloe. thanks for your very generous comments on my blog. i looked at your work and love it. i actually was looking at your work a few weeks back and greatly moved by it. really love the line work you are doing and how expressive it is. really loved the maria painting. love the paint quality, that right arm smashed with paint is awesome. thanks for the breath of inspiration. truly tom fluharty

Chloe Cumming said...

Thank you Thomas! What a comment! Wow, I'm touched.

Chloe Cumming said...

No comments for days! Is it because I told a wicked lie about my bottom being little?

Max Ward said...

You are truly wonderful, Chloe. I've never seen anybody draw or paint like you. You also speak with the most eloquent prose in mere conversation. You are truly unique!

William said...

Incredible.

Chloe Cumming said...

Gee thanks Max!

Blogging is worth it after all.

Freshyfresh said...

Great work in your Leopard and Lion artwork!!! My favourite is your second drawing and drawing number five!
You have a unique style, I hope you earn lots of money in the auctions!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...