Monday, May 14, 2007

Trying to make a man and a lion cohabit in the same nostrils

Well... I was going to do a blog with all my recent drawings on it. Then I realised I had precisely thirty-one recent drawings. So I must embark on the brain hurting task of dividing them up into logical groups. Gahhh! Well... I suppose dividing it into two groups of ten and one of eleven makes sense.

So here are ten drawings that I recently did.

Some of them are crap.

They are all drawings with painting in mind. This is subtly different to the kind of cartoony/pure human caricature drawing I was moving toward in 'John Cena is a Bump-Lunk'. That kind of drawing I find more pleasing for its own sake. And part of me itches to learn how to be a good cartoonist with no other distractions. But these drawings think not of themselves, for they serve another master. I'm a painter now.

1. John Cena is a naked mole rat lion with mouse anuses for eyes!





2.





3.





4.





5.




6.





I've just realised that even though I have thirty-one drawings, that not all of them are good drawings. Some of them are more thought-farts than drawings really. So I can probably mathematically justify having just seven in this blog. So here's the seventh:

7.





End of sequence.

Oh, according to technorati this blog is worth seven thousand and something dollars. I don't think that means anyone is going to give me seven thousand and something dollars. But Still, I remember Marlo's used to be worth thirty-five thousand dollars and I'm close enough to that to feel it's respectable.



My blog is worth $7,339.02.
How much is your blog worth?



Oh, two of my paintings are up to their reserve prices on ebay! The naked lady and the Beach Boys. Of course. It's not too late!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog's worth loads more than seven thousand and some odd dollars.

Chloe Cumming said...

What do you reckon, nine squillion?

Marc Deckter said...

Beautiful work, as always!

It's fascinating how solid and detailed the faces look, yet the drawings still feel loose and free. It's a winning combination.

Chloe Cumming said...

Hello Marc, it's nice to see you. Oh like back in the early days of my blog!

Yeah that seems to be the best thing I can aim for at the moment, solidity combined with suppleness. Certainly it's the way forward for inventive paintings. If it's good enough for Leonardo!

Unknown said...

Greetings Chloe,

My name is Christian Sean Acevedo. I am a song writer and poet currently residing in Miami. My editor and I came across your work through the net, which we found to be truly compelling. As of now, i am in the process of publishing a collection of illustrations based on my work. I would love to know if you are interested as I have a piece in mind that might stand to benefit from your aesthetic. Feel free to reach out to me at any time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...