Sunday, April 22, 2007

Make it come true

I'm now trying to paint some 'beautiful paintings' that combine together all the best things I've learned from drawing lately. The kind of paintings that would be self-justifying, even if I never wrote blogs or tried to be clever. I have to think the word 'beautiful' to myself to make it come true.

But in the meantime here's a lady with awkward composition. I don't think she minds. Except she's lacking one of her eyes.

I think I unintentionally made her look a bit more like some of the female members of my immediate family than she oughta.



8 comments:

William said...

That is fucking amazing.

I mean that in the most gentlemanly way possible.

Chloe Cumming said...

You reckon? I didn't like it as much as the previous one.

Looking at it now, her face is a bit too tonally even. But like I said, it was an awkward composition, so rather than grappling with it endlessly, I just let the poor lass have a big flat head.

Kali Fontecchio said...

That sure is purdy!

Chloe Cumming said...

It may be the best singular booby I have painted.

Anonymous said...

which immediate female family members do you mean exactly? i like it. can see abit of mother.

Chloe Cumming said...

Well maybe a bit of Ma and a bit of me and a tiny bit of you but probably a bit less, like 48% less.

Ta love.

Chloe Cumming said...

And more in the face than in the bosums.

Anonymous said...

Found this accidentally and really love your work. I'm glad I stopped by.

Cheers,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...