Thursday, October 02, 2008

Sketch sketch sketch. Beach Boys Beach Boys Beach Boys.

Drawing teenage Beach Boys, realising David Marks looks a bit like Prince Charles.





Dennis has a shape that can sometimes be just an archetype. Dennis is fun to play with. I suspect I am not the first person to have had this thought.





Then I started sketching really fast from frozen frames on the TV screen. The picture was very low res and slightly squished from being old and reproduced many times. I am so deperate to keep my hand in with drawing since I got a job, that I've actually gone a bit mad overcompensating with hardcore nightly drawing sessions.





Extra hard to get the likenesses with the squashed fat distorted telly images. But fun.





Don't worry, Baby.





Dennis jumps, Brian on swing... just a quick one...



6 comments:

julie said...

I love that last one. Beautiful.

william wray said...

these are great!

craigp said...

the beach boys can never get enough love. love the drawings, those expressions on brian's face are captured so perfectly.

Chloe Cumming said...

Oh well then... maybe I'll post the frickin' loads of other ones I've done!

Thanks!

Brian's expressions can be tricky, but I am getting the hang of it somewhat.

yanmaneee said...

yeezy boost 350
hermes birkin
coach outlet store online
Kanye West shoes
fila shoes
moncler coat
yeezy shoes
adidas nmd r1
coach outlet
retro jordans

Anonymous said...

kd shoes
golden goose outlet
golden goose clearance
palm angels outlet
Travis Scott Jordan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...