Monday, May 26, 2008

Ideal Men

I used to have dreams about sketchbooks with variations of the same image on every page. I sometimes try to have the perseverance to be this 'boring' and very slowly evolve things... perhaps it could end up as one of those arty animations that channel 4 used to show and no one watched and you had to get a government arts grant because there's no money in it and it's a bit like being a sort of art charity of fake worthiness.





'They're looking for external markers of temporality', I said to myself.





Here are some rather scribbly Michelangelo studies. He's good for if you want twisty man bits, that's for sure.





Sometimes I think John Cena has got a bit of a bum deal off me. Still it probably doesn't bother him in the bigger scheme of things.





Here are some 'ideal men'.



4 comments:

Arco Scheepen said...

Your ideal men are just great, especially the expression in the top one's face...

Ambera said...

I love your drawings, so expressive and gestural. Amazing work.

Chloe Cumming said...

Thank you Ambera. I'm not sure what I'm expressing, but just so long as it's expressive.

Chloe Cumming said...

Thanks Arco. Sometimes my taste in men gets me into trouble.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...