Monday, September 25, 2006

windy snowy night time reading

Hello. I have been a little bit ill. I’ve been posting frivolous and feverish piffle-blogs on my myspace. There you can read about my fevered brain, sneezing and bland superman Dean Cain. And lots about how a big part of me guiltily likes being ill.

When I was ill I finished reading a book called Letters From a Lost Uncle by Mervyn Peake. I was quite taken with it in the end.

I don’t think it was ever intended to be published, and the drawings are quite rough in some ways, but they have a quality about them that attracts me.






I like drawings that make stillness in the midst of stories. This book had been can’t get to sleep reading for me.






I also like the naturalness of the invention.






I’m not personally much cop at writing stories. My sister might write ones that I can illustrate one day.

I’ve been going through childhood things. I used to start ‘epic’ stories that I never finished. Her stories had beginnings middles and ends. She was less pretentious.






I like it when my work appeals to children. Children have tended to write the best and least idiotic things in my comments books when I have had exhibitions.

Here is an actual page from a past comments book at my foundation show:






I’ll do you a proper entry with drawings soon. Maybe more than one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...